- We strive to get a handle of the nation and its political direction, and yet it continues on virtually unchanged in direction and getting worse in intensity.
- We donate to conservative constitutional based groups, candidates, PACs, and more to no avail.
- We find leadership in both parties has become “establishment” whose biggest priority is defense of their jobs, not the country.
- We have businesses and organizations like the Chamber of Commerce dedicated to supporting this “establishment”, funding it beyond our ability to oppose it.
- This “establishment” uses our own money through taxes to fund the increase of socialism and big government, which in turns supports that “establishment”.
- We stand on bridges and wave flags.
- We march in parades, on capitals, in the streets, and even at Washington D.C.
- We sign petitions by the hundreds.
- We call, fax, email, and mail representatives and senators frequently.
- We hold seminars, watch videos, do email campaigns, read blogs, write blogs, post on Facebook, tweet the latest news and links
- We write letters to newspapers, call into radio talk shows, listen to Rush, Levin, Beck, Hannity, and others
- We grow gardens, stock up on food, matches and candles, ammo and guns, pack out get out of Dodge backpacks
- And so much more.
I tell you it is not. It is getting worse. Much worse. We must be doing it wrong. It stands to reason that if we were hitting our stride, doing the right steps then things would be improving. We are even fighting among ourselves.
“From whence [come] wars and fightings among you? [come they] not hence, [even] of your lusts that war in your members? James 4:1
So let's take a look at that. Sure, there will always be some disagreements. And if you look at the founders discussions by reading the Federalist Papers, Anti-Federalist Papers, various letters, etc. you can see they disagreed as well. But they worked together, made their cases, studied the history of nations, philosophies, to finally come to an agreement.
That is not the story of our current plight. At times it seems like there are among us the very opposition we seek to overturn. Trojan horses have arrived and we are entranced with their craftsmanship, on the surface. Some of us listen to the stories of these horses and become contentious making a unified stance in defeating tyranny difficult.
When the founders discussed a point of contention, they laid out their case, thinking reasonable minds would choose the logical and legitimate choice. But many are not. Here is an example that just came to me recently:
This web post was written in 2013 claiming that Madison rejected State led Article V conventions to amend the Constitution in a letter from James Madison to George Lee Turberville, 2 November 1788. The web post further attempts to indict Mark Levin of all sorts of grievous errors in his book “The Liberty Amendments”.
Mark Levin still promoting an Article V convention. Why? [by johnwks]
Phyllis Schlafly also used this same gambit in this post from 2010:
Good Advice Against a Con Con
Comparing the two articles we find they quote almost exactly the same text from Madison's letter. But at least Phyllis Schlafly gave a link to the letter itself, which the first article mentioned did not. What the first post by johnwks did not mention was that a mere 11 days after Schlafly's post one was made by Bill Walker totally refuting it.
Misquoting James Madison’s Article V convention Position
In both posts, johnwks and Phyllis Schlafly's, only a part of the letter is quoted and used.
To date there has not been a note on that post Phyllis Schlafly made indicating she made a grievous error. Nor is there a note on johnwk's post on Patriot Action Network indicating his repetition of Schlafly's error. When provided with compelling evidence, neither has budged from their error.
Schlafly further compound her errors in this single article by calling an Article V Convention to amend a Con Con or Constitutional Convention. [Get it straight Phyllis, the first is just to amend, which has already been done 27 times and the second is to write and enact an entirely new Constitution, a process not allowed by the Constitution itself. It is however what George Soros would like to do, and an Article V Convention is not what he would like to do.
It is plain that Phyllis Schlafly has deliberately twisted the truth as shown by Bill Walker. He takes the whole letter referred to into account, and the history of events at the time as well. Please take the time to read his article.
It is not only that Schlafly's article was proven to be a lie, but it was proven 11 days after she posted it in 2010.
Folks, that second article by johnwks was posted in 2013, much after Schlafly's article was posted and proven to be a lie. We have folks, Trojan horses, propagating lies well after they are know to be so. These people are not helping liberty and freedom by spreading these lies, they are standing in the way of it. They are like the scribes and Pharisees:
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
Their lies and distortions encompass much more than this one case. We must become aware of the Pharisaical Trojan horses in our midst and bravely fight on without them. Believe it or not, we are better off without those that cause division and divert our attention from the Constitution they will not support, and the so called leadership they have that is allowing a daily headlong plunge into Socialism. Pharisees do not change.
Sign the Convention of States Petition http://bit.ly/COSpetition and join the fight.