Just to clarify: The redmillenial link below providing source for some of the support is an older link and each supporter may or may not have increased their support.
Also, this is a list of Article V supporters and not necessarily supporters of the Convention of States organization at this time. For instance, Mark Levin announced support for Convention of State in November 2014, but I am not aware that Ted Cruz has done so.
Support was also given in the past by Ronald Reagan, Dwight Eisenhower, Barry Goldwater, Milton Friedman, etc.
And of course the founders, all of the delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention, and all thirteen States and their delegates which ratified it.
Article V, the 1787 Formation Process
If you are against Article V, let me remind you:
- Article V is a part of the original Constitution before any amendments. All the Amendments came through Article V including the Bill of Rights
- Go through the list above and erase each one from your supporters, as you are against them.
- If you are in a 912 group, you are against Glenn Beck, who founded the 912 groups.
- If you are in a Tea Party, you might want to know Mark Meckler, founder of Tea Party Patriots, also participated in founding the Convention of States project, which supports Article V.
- You are against Ronald Reagan. Enough said there.
- The numbers are against you. In South Carolina alone, Facebook like are well past 100,000.
- Despite the claims of opponents, progressives are against the Convention of States since its Application does not allow for any progressive amendments, but only allows conservative amendments.
- You are against all the Founders on the subject of Article V, who passed it nem con, or without opposition. Some will say that George Mason, for instance, was against it since Article V was a little different than his suggestion. They ignore that the Convention of 1787 brought together all of the best from the Colonies, and that the purpose of such a Convention is to meld the best ideas from all of them together into a BEST solution and proposal for the Constitution and one that would endure. And they also ignore that George Mason voted for passing Article V.
- What you are left with by removing the groups and individuals FOR a Convention of States, is a set of groups and individuals who are virtual unknowns, very small in number, and use scaremongering tactics to rouse support for their views, which have no workable solutions. One group, the John Birch Society, has been at this for 57 years, over a quarter of the history of the United States, and still are virtual unknowns, still have not stopped the downward spiral, and are still very small in numbers. Do you want to be guided and ruled by the tiniest of minorities, less that a tenth of a percent or even smaller (they do not release membership numbers.....)?
Think that over. The Democrats wail about the 1%? Yet the opponents to Article V are much smaller than that.
Often bitter, angry, full of words, and without effective solutions. They are not your friends, regardless of what Facebook or Twitter may indicate.
- They are "fearmongering":fear mongering (or scaremongering or scare tactics) is the use of fear to influence the opinions and actions of others towards some specific end. The feared object or subject is sometimes exaggerated, and the pattern of fear mongering is usually one of repetition, in order to continuously reinforce the intended effects of this tactic, sometimes in the form of a vicious circle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_mongering
- We are but ONE Supreme Court justice away from losing it all. Should Obama get a liberal replacement justice in office, there is no way further to stop the destruction of the Bill of Rights, the 1st, 2nd, 10th, or any amendment from becoming what he wants it to be. The balance on many key votes has been 5-4.
Throwing away Article V is throwing away your last defense. Just like Boehner throws away the power of the purse, and impeachment.
All the flag waving, posters, marches, petitions, etc. (including the false narrative of nullification) will be, as they are now, of no use.
- Don't be a hypocrite, consider if you are against Article V, then you are against the Constition just as if you attack Indiana or Texas, you are attacking the USA. And just as if someone cuts your arm or head off, they are attacking you and your whole person. Do not be deceived.
Consider *this one who chose poorly*
And instead, think it through, choose wisely. This, Article V was placed in Constitution by our founders for just the exact solution we need now. To ignore it is like you were playing a Superbowl game, and chose to pass at the one yard line instead of running the ball with a known powerful runner. Will you let the ball get intercepted?
De 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
Sign the Convention of States petition to your STATE legislators today!